Monday, August 24, 2009

The Trip

I haven't talked about it yet but my trip home for the anniversary of my mother's death was awesome!!!



It was nice to hang with my brothers on Saturday night. Their wives and kids were there, my dad showed up. We barbecued, had some wine, and then smoked some cigars. We talked about the night my mom died, our memory of that night and how we were feeling. Then we shared happy memories of my mom. There were no tears it was so awesome. I can't even begin to explain how nice it was. It just really helped.



The next day I picked up my boys and we went to the cemetery. I picked up some flowers and my mom loved cats so I also got her a stuffed kitten. And then I said goodbye.



And I feel good about it. I feel liberated. I feel like I'm living again.



And so many of you were so awesome, thank you so much.



And those of you that were total asses. I needed time dammit, couldn't you see that???

2 comments:

Jennet said...

Well said. I hope I can be that emotionally stable at 1 year. Bravo, and cheers to you!!

Sravanthi said...

"I feel like I'm living again." Wow - wonderful to hear that. Truly - so very happy for you.