Monday, October 19, 2009

Boobs and Ravioli...not in that order

I must correct my last post. My surgery was NOT arthroscopic. Unfortunately an incision had to be made. I feel it's frankensteinish but I'm sure that will change soon. I'm taking one motrin twice a day to help with the pain but I'm frustrated by the lack of mobility. I started physical therapy last Friday so I'm hoping that helps a lot FAST.

Even with my lame arm I had lots to do last weekend. It was my turn to host our girlfriend dinner and I wanted to do it up right. I've been itching for a real dinner party so I did my best to go all out.

Here's what the table looked like before dinner.




I prepared the following courses and did my best to pair them with a great wine. Unfortunately I threw away the printed menus so I don't have the exact wines:

1st - Apricot and Chicken Bruschetta served with a Pinot Noir (HEAVENLY)


2nd- Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage Brown Butter Sauce served with a Chardonnay (first time making ravioli from scratch and it was WAY too thick)


3rd - Grilled Pork Tenderloin a la Rodriguez with Guaza Glaza and Orange-Habanero Mojo served with a Tempranillo (thank you food network for this amazing recipe)


Dessert - Sweet Dessert Panini served with a Peach champagne (again thank you Food Network)

All of it was yummy (except for the thick ravioli)

Do you know when you don't feel sexy? When you've got a long ugly scar on your shoulder. So I did this today to help me feel better about myself. Hubby gave it two thumbs up. Fair warning, not a work or kid friendly pic.

Last but not least for you haters out there I have decided to NOT attend my dad's wedding this weekend. I'm just not ready. I don't want to put myself through that and it dawned on me last week that my father has turned into a selfish hypocrite and right now I don't even have any respect for him at all. And that makes me very sad.

So, if that bothers you, check out my boobs again to help you forget.




2 comments:

Whystinger said...

Wonderful picture, sexy and not too revealing. No shoulder scar will detract from that and no need to feel "not sexy" because that is plain old HOT!

Gabe Miranda said...

Coolness. I can't see why anyone would hate or disapprove, it's just like a day at the pool (cept I have to wear blinders when with the wife) guys should emancipate, but the mankini and bro don't have the right stylings yet.