Monday, June 08, 2009

And the Uglier

I read a lot of different blogs. Almost all are mom blogs with the exception of a few. Everyone writes in a different style. Some write tongue in cheek and they're very funny. Some are just straight forward discussing their lives, activities, and families.



I've been blogging for about six years. I don't do it for recognition. I don't blog in the hope that I'll become famous. I don't sell ads on my blog (not that there's anything wrong with that). For me, blogging is a way to get the stuff that is in my head out. It's pretty much how I just throw up everything I'm thinking/feeling as a way to sort it out. Kind of my way of finding out if what I'm feeling is real or needs a closer look.



I don't blog about everything going on. In fact I also keep a handwritten journal. Sometimes it's just not convenient to boot up the laptop and sort things out here.



So, imagine my surprise when my last post receives a comment that starts with "I just can't keep my mouth shut any longer" or maybe it was anymore, anyway, it started with that and then proceeded to trash me or should I say trash my feelings.



First, if you have been fighting to "keep your mouth shut" well, then, you're spending WAY too much time thinking about what I write here. I mean seriously, if what you read bothers you move the hell on.



Furthermore this is a snippet of my life. This is the place where I yell out all those things that I can't yell anywhere else. For the record, the day that I wrote that post I did talk to my dad. But, that's for another post.



I understand this is public. And I understand that being public means you run the risk of people leaving negative comments, yada, yada, yada. But I'm sorry, I just don't get it. As I said I read a lot of different blogs and I often read things that I a)don't understand or b)disagree with but I've never felt the need to trash someone on their own blog.


Thanks, I feel better now. Just needed to throw up my feelings again.

3 comments:

Sravanthi said...

I mentioned you in my blog today... is that blog-legal? If not, let me know and I will immediately remove your name.

I think you handled this beautifully - "don't bother to stop by anymore" -- I'd had gone OFF I am sure. Very graceful of you.

Anonymous said...

Isn't part of writing a blog for public view to invite comments. Good or bad people leave comments and honestly sometimes isn't it good to have someone challenge your thoughts sometimes. Often we all can learn from someone pointing out a different view point.

divacowgirl said...

Different points of view are great. I even learn from constructive criticism. Having people call me selfish and manipulating, that's not constructive.

I've often left comments on other blogs where I've offered another point of view, however, I've never done so in a way that could be harsh or hurtful...and I've never done so ANONYMOUSLY