Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year Quiz

I totally stole this from warcrygirl...but it seemed a fitting way to end 2009.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before? I ran a six physician orthopedic practice. If you had told me a year ago I'd be doing this I would have called you crazy.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make for next year? I don't believe in resolutions. I prefer to set goals, but really it's the same thing.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My sister, but then that happens every year.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully no.

5. What countries did you visit? None, but I got lost in Nevada does that count?

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Inner peace.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory and why? January, when my best friend kindly advised me I had become a bitch and perhaps wasn't dealing with my mom's death well. This got me into therapy and I'm very thankful to be moving towards a healthier mental state. March 3, 2009 when my boss called me to tell me that my office manager had messed up horribly and I was needed to help save the practice.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Successfully taking over the practice. Finding closure on my mom's death.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not really being there for my family like I should have been.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Let's see a cracked rib and then shoulder surgery. I'd say yep.

11. What was the best thing you bought? I really have no idea.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Beav...he's improved so much at school.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My father who fails to understand that other's have feelings that are as equally important as his.

14. Where did most of your money go? Bills, paying things off, including the IRS, ugh.

15. What did you get really excited about? Einstein getting into college.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? There's a song I heard this year by Taylor Swift called "The Best Day" which always makes me think of my mom.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
-happier or sadder? I think I'm happier, or at least I'm on my way
-thinner or fatter? Thinner
-richer or poorer? I wouldn't say I'm richer, but I definitely worry less

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Spent time with my family.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Work.

20. How did you spend Christmas? With my siblings and all of our kids. I LOVED IT.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Only with the Zaca Mesa Syrah.

22. What was your favorite TV program? I can't say I have one.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't spend my energy on hating people.

24. What was the best book you read? It's two. My Sister's Keeper and The Lovely Bones really helped me get closure on my grief.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I discovered Amos Lee this year. Love him.

26. What did you want and get? My kitchen aid mixer.

27. What did you want and not get? Seriously? Nothing. I just buy it myself, lol.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Don't have one.

29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? Got hair extensions, went to dinner and I am 41.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Finishing school.

31. What would describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? If it makes me feel happy to wear it, I do.

32. What kept you sane? Apparently nothing

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I've been crushing on Justin Timberlake forever. (Justin, call me)

34. What political issue stirred you the most? Health care because there is so much misinformation out there.

35. Who did you miss? My mom...always

36. Who was the best new person you met? Wow..can't really say although there are quite a few people on twitter that I've never met who have been super supportive to me this year.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. Sometimes the people that you think you can count on forever are the ones that disappoint you the most.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I just can't come up with a song lyric like that, lol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMAO @ #3. :)

Happy New Year!