Friday, February 13, 2009

Put a Fork in Me, I'm Done

You know, I really thought I was making progress.

Then my dad showed up. God forbid he came down here to see me. Nope arrived this evening and leaving tomorrow morning at 6am.

Because he has a date with my mom's cousin tomorrow night. A date on Valentine's day. My mom hasn't even been dead six fucking months.

And he doesn't understand why I'm upset. And apparently he doesn't understand the words "I don't want to talk about it."

LESS THAN SIX MONTHS. But for me it was yesterday. I honestly feel like I'm going to throw up. I seriously just want to shut down. I'm so done with all this crap.

I can't believe he drove four hundred miles to go on a date. I really don't think I'm being silly. LESS THAN SIX MONTHS.

2 comments:

BlogPoster said...

It sounds like there is more history there that I don't know about. Regardless, I know how you feel. Ten years after my dad's passing, it still wouldn't feel totally right to me if mom dated today. 6 months is a bit too soon though. Valentine's Day? Ouch. We do have to remind ourselves however, that time is more precious for them at their age. I am sure that thought hardly takes the sting out of it for you. Good luck tomorrow morning.

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine one of my parents with someone else. Ever. I'm so sorry.